Meal replacement plans are popular with people who want to lose weight while still ensuring they get the nutrition that they need. With so many meal replacement options available, it’s often difficult to make a choice. The best way to decide which plan is right for you is to take a closer look at the products, evaluating their nutrition, hunger curbing power, and the results that other individuals have enjoyed.
The Isagenix IsaLean Shakes are popular meal replacements, but are they the right choice for you?
While Isagenix offers many different products, their meal replacement shakes are one of their most popular products. The company refers to the shakes as well-balanced meal replacement options that boast healthy fats, carbs and protein. According to the company, these shakes are designed to help promote fat burning, weight loss and reduced cravings, while helping users build lean, strong muscle mass. Here’s a closer look at the company, the Isagenix meal replacement plan, the pros and cons, and other essential information you need to decide if they’re the best meal replacement option to help you reach your health and fitness goals.
Meal Replacement Shake Ingredients and Nutrition
More Bang For Your Shake
A look at the nutrition information shows that one serving of an IsaLean meal replacement shake has 240 calories, which is significantly higher than many other meal replacement shakes. However, a serving size is 60 grams of powder, which means you’re getting a fairly large shake for the 240 calories.
Carbs, Fats and Protein per Serving
In a serving of IsaLean, depending on the specific flavor, you’ll get about 24 grams of protein, 24g of carbs and 5 grams of fat. However, out of the total carbs, 8 grams are dietary fiber, which means those carbs are working to fill you up. Unfortunately, you still have 11 grams of sugar, which is a high amount of sugar for a meal replacement shake.
Other nutrients to be aware of in the shakes are as follows:
- Isagenix meal replacement shakes offer a wide range of essential vitamins and minerals, including:
- Potassium – 320 mg
- Sodium – 260 mg
- Cholesterol – 45 mg
Vitamins and Minerals
The Isagenix meal replacement shakes offer a wide range of essential vitamins and minerals, including:
- Vitamin C – Helps ward off stress-caused fatigue and protects the body’s immune system.
- Vitamin B12 – Essential for red blood cell production and increases energy.
- Vitamin A – Boosts cell growth and strengthens the immune system.
- Vitamin D – Decreases diabetes risk and promotes calcium absorption.
- Vitamin B6 – Helps with protein breakdown.
- Vitamin E – Fights free radicals and promotes a strong immune system.
- Folate – Improves mood and regulates brain functions.
- Iron – Promotes hemoglobin production and improves energy levels.
- Copper – Supports healthy nerve function and healthy blood while improving energy levels.
- Calcium – Strengthens bones and promotes a healthy weight.
- Iodine – Improves thyroid function.
- Chromium – Aids in lowering blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
- Riboflavin – Plays a huge role in your body’s energy production.
- Biotin – Promotes healthy skin and nails.
- Magnesium – Supports a healthy heart and kidneys.
- Phosphorous – Supports muscle and bone health.
- Niacin – Lowers bad cholesterol while promoting good cholesterol.
Taste and Available Flavors
If you decide to follow the Isagenix meal replacement plan, you’ll find their meal replacement shakes in several different flavors to try and enjoy. The four available flavors include:
- Creamy Dutch Chocolate
- Black Sesame
- Strawberry Cream
- Creamy French Vanilla
Among most users, the Creamy Dutch Chocolate seems to be the favorite, while the Creamy French Vanilla appears to be the second favorite. The newest flavor available is the Strawberry Cream. If you choose the Black Sesame option, know that it can be consumed both warm and cold, depending on your preference.
These shakes are known for being delicious and sweet, which isn’t a surprise, since each serving has 11 grams of sugar. If you’re worried about sugar and you’re very strict as to your sugar intake, this may not be the best meal replacement option for you. However, if taste is a big issue, then the Isagenix meal replacement shakes are sure to be a top choice that makes your taste buds happy.
These shakes have a very thick consistency that is very creamy. Surprisingly, there are few clumps in the shakes, and they offer a smooth consistency that most users really like.
Hunger Curbing Power
For most users, it’s important to have a meal replacement option that keeps them feeling full, curbing their hunger while ensuring they get the nutrients they need. To curb hunger, the Isagenix shakes use active enzymes, fiber and whey protein.
Since the shakes are packed with protein and fiber, along with those active enzymes, most users find that their hunger is curbed for 3 to 4 hours after drinking a shake. However, it’s important to realize that the appetite suppression of a meal replacement shake can vary based upon how active you are. Active people will see shorter appetite-suppression times, while inactive individuals will probably experience the appetite-suppressing power a bit longer.
For most people, the combination of protein and fiber means that drinking one of these shakes will make it possible to get to the next meal without the need to snack.
The Price and Value of Isagenix Meal Replacement Products
Of course, it’s not enough to look at the ingredients and nutritional power of a meal replacement option. You also want to make sure you’re getting a reasonable price and great value for your money. This is an area where the Isagenix meal replacement shakes fall a bit short. You’ll pay more than $50 for a canister that offers 14 servings, so even if you’re only doing one shake per day, you’ll spend more than $100 a month. You’re paying more than $3.50 per shake, and that doesn’t even take into account what you pay for shipping costs. This price is quite a bit higher than many other meal replacement shakes, so the high price is something to consider.
The IsaLean meal replacement shakes do offer an excellent balance of vitamins and minerals while offering a healthy mix of fat, carbs and protein. The shakes offer great value, so they can be worth the high price, but the price may make them difficult for some individuals to afford.
The Isagenix meal replacement plan and shakes offer many excellent benefits to consider if you’re interested in a meal replacement option. A few of the pros include:
- Pro #1 – Effective Appetite Suppression – The shakes include ingredients designed to suppress appetite, and users note that the shakes curb appetite for several hours at a time. Keeping hunger at bay is essential when you’re trying to lose weight, so Isagenix shakes can be a helpful way to replace meals while fighting off hunger and cravings.
- Pro #2 – Excellent Protein Content – You get 24 grams of protein in every protein shake, which is very high for a meal replacement shake. Protein is important for weight loss and for building lean muscle mass, and many people trying to lose weight don’t get enough protein in their diet. Drinking these shakes once or twice a day can boost protein consumption and boost weight loss efforts when combined with a healthy diet and exercise.
- Pro #3 – Plenty of Essential Vitamins and Minerals – When you drink the Isagenix IsaLean meal replacement shakes, you know you’re getting good nutrition. It’s packed with essential vitamins and minerals that your body needs, from the basics, such as vitamin C, to essential minerals like selenium and phosphorous.
- Pro #4 – No Antibiotics and Hormones in the Protein – The protein used within these meal replacement shakes comes from cows that haven’t been treated with antibiotics or hormones, so you don’t have to worry about consuming any antibiotics or hormones when you use Isagenix.
- Pro #5 – Great Taste – Another pro of the IsaLean meal replacement shakes is their great taste. Many meal replacement shakes don’t taste very good, but these shakes are tasty because of their sugar content. They’re also a nice consistency and come in several tasty flavors to try.
Of course, before trying Isagenix meal replacement shakes yourself, you’ll want to consider the cons as well. Some of the cons to keep in mind include:
- Con #1 – The Price – One of the main drawbacks to the Isagenix meal replacement plan is the high price. Paying over $3.50 per shake seems like a lot to many people, and if you’re replacing two meals a day with the shakes, this plan can get expensive quickly. Other meal replacement shakes are available for much lower prices.
- Con #2 – High Amount of Sugar – Another con to these meal replacement shakes is the amount of sugar – 11 grams – found in each serving. While this does provide you with a great flavor, the sugar is much higher than amounts found in other comparable meal replacement options. Individuals who really want to limit sugar may not be happy with these shakes.
- Con #3 – No Direct Way to Buy – Some people feel uncomfortable purchasing products through a third party. There’s no direct way to purchase these meal replacement products from the Isagenix company, which is a drawback for some people. You’ll have to look for a third party that sells the products to make your purchase.
- Con #4 – High in Calories – At 240 calories per serving, the calorie count on these shakes is quite a bit higher than many other meal replacement shakes. Some people have complained that the high calorie count made it a bit difficult to take off the extra pounds, although the shakes offer a great balance of nutrition.
Customer Reviews and Testimonials
One of the best ways to get a good look at the effectiveness and benefits of a meal replacement plan is to see what other customers have to say about it. Here’s a look at some customer reviews and testimonials about the Isagenix meal replacement plan.
- “This meal replacement shake is rich and tasty.”
- “I love this shake. It’s creamy and not too sweet.… I actually found it to be an expensive shake.”
- “This product gives great energy and appetite control.”
- “We use it before we run marathons. It helps us lose weight and is a great meal replacement.”
- “The shake was too thick.”
- “Way too expensive. So not worth the money.”
- “This is the best protein shake I have ever tried, and I like the nutrients that are in it.”
- “This product is the only one that has really worked well for me. Better late than never to drop 58 pounds with such ease. It is easy to use and filling; it replaces one or two of your regular meals a day.”
- “I gained weight after eating this.”
- “Lots of calories but tastes good.”
The following are some live video reviews to provide even more helpful information from customers on the effectiveness of the Isagenix meal replacement plan.
The Bottom Line
Overall, the Isagenix meal replacement plan has a lot to offer. The IsaLean shakes offer plenty of protein, which is essential for building muscle. They do a good job of curbing your appetite, and they offer a sweeter flavor than many of the other meal replacement shakes out there. Many customers report that they’ve had great success with these shakes, and they provide weight loss results for many people.
The main two issues with these meal replacement shakes are the high price and the high amount of calories and sugar contained in them. However, they are still high-quality shakes that offer great nutrition, and they’re worth a try if you are willing to spend the money on these shakes.
About the Isagenix Company
Isagenix is a well-known, popular supplement company that offers a wide variety of products, from meal replacement shakes and bars to performance-enhancing supplements. The official website is easily accessible, and the company offers plenty of information about their products. You can find complete PDF files for their meal replacement shakes that provide essential nutrition facts and ingredient information.
Although the company offers a wealth of information on their products on their website, it’s not possible to purchase products directly from the site; you’ll have to go through a third-party distributor. However, despite the inconvenience of making your purchase from a third party, the company has a great reputation. They have contact information available, so you can contact them if you have questions or problems with their meal replacement products.